Tuesday, July 27, 2010

bioflash: "Last Stop"

The bus driver looked back at Tim.

“Bad dreams?”

Crushed robin’s eggs and smeared embryonic yolk. That’s all Tim saw. He frowned.

“It’s rush-hour. Where is everyone?”

The driver grinned a baleful grin. “Got off at the good stops. But we’re going to the end. Didn’t you know? You’re dead. Had a heart attack six stops back.”

“Heart attack?”

“Quite painless. Not fair, really. You should have left that bird’s nest alone.”

“Bird’s nest?” At a friend’s dare, Tim had flattened the tiny blue eggs beneath his shoe. “I was ten!”

“Old enough.”

Flame licked at the windows.

---

More bioflash than you can shake a stick at found here!

1 comment:

  1. I just came upon your site. I liked on it from the Betty Lambert site. I will read more when I am not working. I see you have a writing link to the Surrey Writer's Conference. My friend went last year and is planning on attending again this year. I just proofed his manuscript. He got a lot out of it and enjoyed it. Anyways, I'm working nights so I will read and comment on your story later (as long as Microsoft doesn't kill my computer again).

    ReplyDelete