Friday, May 29, 2009

Europe musings...

Ran up the Eiffel Tower yesterday, then took a boat ride down La Seine. London was a quiet start compared to the hustle and bustle of Paris. Everyone seems to have a cigarette or cell phone in hand (sometimes both). No matter where you look, it seems you need to have a camera at the ready. I was in Paris eight years before, hence the deja vu while walking down streets at once exotic and familiar. Jetlag still lingers, leaving me in a surreal state while exploring one city of Europe after another. I have my three favourite women with me: my Mom, Tanya, and the lovely Jenn (aka Sola). We all took a sleeper train last night, and are sitting here in Nice amidst the sunshine, palm trees and baguettes. A ferry will soon scurry us over to Corsica, and the much needed quiet respite it will offer. Then onward to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment